Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Meet Edward Michael Cardall





Edward Michael Cardall was born on a sun shining, Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 7:55pm. Weighing 8 lbs 2 oz, 20 1/2 inches long. He was born in the McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden, Utah. He is completely healthy and so is mom.
Eddie was named after his Dan's great grandpa Edward Cardall, and his grandpa Gordon Edward Cardall, as well as my dad Michael Lee Mergenthaler, my brother Cole Michael Mergenthaler and Dan's brother Michael Ames Cardall.
We came home from the hospital on Saturday. At discharge, Eddie weighed 7 lbs 10 oz. After his first visit to the pediatrician yesterday he has gained 2 oz. He seems to be a healthy, growing boy. Just likes to eat all the time, sleep and poop!
Dan and I are having so much fun being parents. It is such a new experience but one we were ready for. It's amazing how much we can already love this little spirit we just met a few days ago. I find it funny to feel how Eddie moves in my arms and realize that just a few days ago I was feeling those same movements, but in my tummy and turned 180 degrees:)
The first week is almost over and I find myself clinging to every moment. Never again will we have the experiences of a first child. It has been wonderful and I know will only get better. We look forward to all the great things our Eddie will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment