Thursday, September 6, 2012

False Alarm

As of Tuesday night, I thought for sure we would have a baby by sometime the next morning. I had a rough weekend with some vomiting, and pain, and just not really feeling well. Then Tuesday afternoon, I got really sick with puking and diarrhea, closely followed by contractions. I ended up texting Dan at about 4pm and told him he better head home sooner rather than later just to be on the safe side.

I continued to time my contractions, but they weren't getting any closer together or any worse. We took Eddie for a walk to see if that would help. My doctor had told me at my appointment last week that he would be out of town on Wednesday and Thursday, so I figured with my luck, I would go into labor.

But by about 8:30pm the contractions went away and I was feeling a lot better other than some back and pelvic pain. I decided to just go to bed and see how things went. But come yesterday morning, I felt just great and have continued to feel fine.

It amazes me how every pregnancy can be so different. I don't feel any more prepared the second time around. With Eddie I had absolutely no labor symptoms other than just being uncomfortable and miserable the last few weeks. Even at 5 days past my due date, I don't think Eddie would have ever come out without being forced.

But this time around, I think I stand a chance at going into labor on my own. As of last week on the 30th the doc said I was dilated to a 2.5 (I have no idea how he could possibly be that accurate!), but that is still some progress. I will be curious to see if the false labor I had will have made any changes come my next visit on Monday the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment