Thursday, December 19, 2013

8 Weeks to Go...and Counting!

Our little boy finally gave us a face shot today.Usually he has his hands in front of him or turns his face completely away, but we caught him today. Hard to tell but I think he will be just as handsome as the other two!

I went to bed last night with the thought that he is going to be a happy baby. He'll be the one that always smiles and makes you laugh right along with him. I can't wait to meet the little man.

The pregnancy has continued to be rather easy with only a few complaints. I get leg cramps and horrible pains in my sides from where the ligaments are stretching. And I have officially hit the point where I want my body back. I hate that physical things have become so taxing. The stairs wind me, and that's even when I'm not carrying one or both of the kids. Picking up toys is a workout. I wish I could lay on my back and play on the floor with the kids. I miss seeing my toes. It is a feat to put on socks, wash my feet, pick something up off the floor, or get out of bed.

Even Eddie and Tommy have noticed that my lap has disappeared and that has caused some problems. Poor Eddie will try to sit close to me, but sit on my stomach. He realizes that is too high, so he slides down to my lap but then looks at me confused because I am so far away. Now he knows my pain of never being able to get comfortable. And oh how I wish I could sleep on my stomach.

But I probably miss running the most. I know it is crazy but I can't wait to start running. It will be so great to feel normal again. I really try not to complain because it has been such a great pregnancy, but I can't help but count down these remaining weeks. I know a newborn brings with it a whole new set of challenges and stresses, but I think they are easier to tackle when you feel a little more like yourself.

I can't wait to meet you little boy! You have 2 pretty great parents and 2 wonderful brothers who are ready to welcome you into our perfectly crazy little family!




No comments:

Post a Comment