Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Dinosaur Museum Theft





We took a trip to the museum with Dex and Loren the other day. The boys were so cute together and had so much fun.

Before we left, we stopped into the gift shop for a minute. Eddie started running around like a mad man so instead of getting a little gift, I decided to just call it a day. I loaded the kids out to the car in the 100+ degree weather. I had both the kids buckled in, the car running, and was just pulling the diaper bag out of the stroller when I saw the stuffed dinosaur.

That's right, my crazy child had stuffed a toy in the stroller when I wasn't paying any attention. My first thought was to just throw it in the trunk with the stroller and call it a day. I didn't hear any sirens and I was too hot and tired from lugging those two around to even care.

But the angel on my shoulder won out. So I unloaded both kids, strapped them back in the stroller, grabbed the stuffed dino and headed back across the parking lot. We made our way back to the gift shop where I tossed the toy back on a shelf, since the cashier still wasn't paying any attention, and we headed back to the car one last time.

I had to laugh after the fact because that is the first time I have ever stolen, and I have never felt so tempted to be dishonest...and it was all over a stuffed toy! Oh the things children will put you through:)

No comments:

Post a Comment