Saturday, June 9, 2012

Eddie's 1st Birthday

My baby boy turned one year old today. I can't believe he is one, much less that Dan and I survived the first year! We had a big party at Grandma and Grandpa Cardall's pool house with lots of friends and family to celebrate with us. The weather was on the cool side, but most of the kids still went swimming.

Below is Eddie's Birthday Invite that we sent out...

I had a ton of cupcakes, cookies, and a teddy bear smash cake made by one of Dan's sister's friends since I was out of town until late last night. I wanted to do a teddy bear cake since I call Eddie my Eddie-bear. Then I learned from Dan, that his mom made a bear cake for all of their first birthday's. So I guess we just continued the tradition!





Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Eddie, happy birthday to you!

Here is Eddie eating his birthday cake. He started out pretty timid until he realized how yummy it was. The mess was kept to a minimum though because he ate 90% of each handful. No way was he going to waste it!



The after birthday cake clean up...


Time for presents!!!!!















Eddie had an amazing first birthday. I have no doubt that Eddie knows how much he is loved. Dan and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped us through the past year, and thanks to all of our many family and friends for all of your love and support. I truly believe the old saying that "It takes a village to raise a child", and we have one heck of a village!

No comments:

Post a Comment