Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Think I'll Master the Slide Today

Today Dan and I were in the nursery at church. The kids always have a lot of fun playing on a little plastic slide. Well, Eddie decided that he wanted to be a big boy today. I left him alone and watched for about 5 minutes as he figured out how to climb up, and go down the slide. It started out pretty rough. At first, he would sit sideways and let one leg go down, while the other was still at the top where his hands were tightly holding on. It was a serious case of the splits. Thank goodness babies are bendy. But after a few times like that, he figured out how to go down on his belly, then it was just a matter of time before he could swing his leg around on top and go down on his butt. I know my opinion is a little bias, but I think he's a pretty smart kid.

He loved going down that slide like a big boy. I bet he climbed up and slid down at least 20 times. It made for a great nap after church!







No comments:

Post a Comment