Thursday, June 28, 2012

My 28 Week Ultrasound

I had my 28 week appointment. I can't believe I am in my third trimester...I'm still having a hard enough time believing I'm pregnant. We are getting excited though. We got the second crib from our friends and have it ready to put up in Eddie's room. The newborn clothes are ready in their plastic bin. About the only thing left is to find a dresser and pick up a few "seconds" of things like bumpers and sheets that we will need.

 The baby has been moving like crazy lately. He seems to be just as active as Eddie was. Now that he is bigger, Dan can feel the movements as well. I think it still creeps him out a little. He keeps telling me I need to watch Alien...I'm thinking probably not since I already have crazy dreams.

I've been feeling really well. For the most part I have been able to continue exercising 2-3 days a week through most of the pregnancy. Then add the extra running around chasing Eddie, and I am 15 pounds lighter this pregnancy. I had been doing really good not having many cravings until the last couple weeks. I am in the stage where I could eat all day, every day. So I crave Chick Fil A, cookies, ice cream, ya know all that healthy stuff. So I try really hard to balance it out by eating extra healthy. Now that Eddie is eating our food it really helps because I want him to eat healthy. So we eat lots of strawberries, cottage cheese, yogurt etc.

But the doctor said all looks well. He figures the baby is about 2.5-3 pounds. I'm kind of worried he might be a big boy. But as long as he's healthy I'll take it. I had my glucose test. Other than about throwing up the nasty drink, the blood results came back fine. Then I got a shot in the ass for my blood type being rH-. All these shots could have been avoided had Dan only been A- instead of +. If only I would have asked his blood type when we were dating:)

We're still unsure of a name, but we have time to figure it out. We have a few that we have been tossing around, but none feels quite right. I keep thinking it will be like Eddie and we will just know. Eddie was always going to be Eddie as long as he stayed a boy. I feel bad always referring to the baby as "the baby". But I guess as long as he doesn't leave the hospital as baby boy we should be good.



No comments:

Post a Comment