Monday, December 17, 2012

Dan's 34th Birthday

We just celebrated Dan's 34 birthday. Normally I have a really hard time surprising him because he always either intercepts his gift coming in the mail, or sees a note I have made about picking something up for it etc. So I was totally on top of it this year. I had his gifts mailed to the Walton's that live nearby so there would be no chance Dan would see the package.

For months Dan has been talking about going to see "The Hobbit". He also knows that I HATE "The Lord of the Rings". Well it came out in theaters the weekend of his birthday. I told him that if he wanted to see it he would have to ask his buddy Ryan Walton to go with him. Secretly, I set up for the Walton's to babysit, bought tickets before they were sold out, then had Ryan tell Dan all the tickets were sold out when he asked him to go.

So for days before Dan's birthday, he's been complaining about how its his birthday and all he wants to do it go see "The Hobbit" and he's not going to get too. So the morning of the big day, I hand him his birthday card which has the tickets in it. He was so excited and shocked he didn't know what to do. I was so proud of myself for pulling off the surprise!

Well, I endured the 3 hour long movie, and it was as horrible as I thought it was going to be, but Dan loved it so that is all that matters. For after the movie we went back to Ryan and Jen's and had shepherd's pie (Dan's favorite) for dinner. Then I made German Chocolate Cake, also Dan's favorite, opened gifts and stayed up way too late playing games. All in all I think Dan had a wonderful 34th birthday!!!
 The Walton boys helped me put the candles on so some might be backwards:)



No comments:

Post a Comment