Sunday, December 9, 2012

Eddie is 18 Months Old

My big boy is 18 months old today. My how the time flies. He is learning so much every day. His vocabulary is now a little bigger. It consists of mom, dad, no, more, yummy yummy, go, and keys.

Eddie is obsessed with car keys, specifically key fobs. Several times now while out in public I have gone out to the parking lot to find all of the doors on the van open and the car horn going off. And taking the keys away is a guaranteed melt down that can go on forever.

He is in the "do it myself" stage. This includes going down the stairs facing forward with only one hand on the wall, and feeding himself. I basically have to bathe him after every meal. He also likes to put food on his head. No idea why, but that is his latest thing.

He has started figuring out how to get dressed and undressed. He is always putting on Dan's shoes, or taking his pants off, or trying to put a sock on.

Eddie is for sure momma's little helper. He knows how to turn the tv off, and open the door and turn the light on so we can leave. He will even bring me his coat and shoes when I say it's time to go. Although he may not speak much, he understand a lot. He will put dishes in the sink, throw things away and put dirty clothes in the hamper.

Over the last month he has also been obsessed with the knobs on the stove. This is fine when in the off position, but when I try to cook it is a battle of him either turning them up or off. And even though every time he gets a time out, and occasionally a spanking...he still does it. Apparently it is worth any punishment that I have come up with to date. He also loves to bring his train into the kitchen so he can stand on the back and reach the countertops and drawers. He pulls all the silverware out, and has pulled several cereal bowls full of milk off of the counter since I never remember to push them back far enough.

He still loves to dance and will bust a move every time a good song or commercial comes on. He now loves to play with cars and trucks, especially big ones, and will push them all over the house. And he loves to play with his baby brother. Sometimes he can get a little rough so he must be watched closely, but it is so cute to watch Tommy smile at him.

I swear Eddie is 18 months going on 3 years. Physically he is ahead of the curve, but speech wise he is taking his time. His new phase is to scream over everything. I hope he learns to use his words quickly because the screaming gets my nerves very fast.

Along with Eddie learning to fold his arms during prayer, we have started reading My First Book of Mormon every night before he goes to bed. Most nights we can keep his attention long enough to get through one of the very short stories. 

We are so excited for Christmas this year with Eddie. He is big enough now that it will be fun for him to open presents. I tried to be good and not spoil him, but I keep finding things here and there that I just HAVE to get. At least he's not old enough to know he's being spoiled!

But we love our Eddie-Monster so much. He is such a joy and a light to our family. I hope the next 6 months go a little slower as I am not ready for him to be 2 yet. I enjoy every cuddle I get because I know they are going away all too soon. Love you Eddie!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment