Saturday, December 15, 2012

Some people dream of flying...

but I dream of running. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true. I have dreams where I can run for a long time and not feel tired. And I can run fast, not super human or anything. It is so freeing and exhilarating. I wake up just wanting to run. But then I do, and I feel like I'm going to die after 30 seconds.

So I decided I want to run a marathon this year. Crazy I know, but I'm not getting any younger. So for the past 6 weeks I have been training 4+ days a week in hopes of running the Provo City marathon first part of May.

It has been a slow process, and I am so far away from where I need to be that most days I think this is pointless and I'll never be able to do it. But at the same time I can already feel myself getting stronger. I can run longer and faster than when I started. So far I have been able to stick to the training schedule I got online. I figure as long as I can do that, I will be good.

I really enjoy the time I spend running. I put my ipod on, turn it so loud that 3 treadmills away can hear it, and I just run. Hopefully as the weather gets warmer I can spend more time running outside, but right now the only way I can get away is to take the kids to the daycare at gold's gym and run inside. Dan works during all the daylight hours and I don't feel comfortable running in the dark. I plan it so that Tommy just sleeps in his car seat. And luckily Eddie has finally gotten used to it and loves going there to play with all the new toys. 

It has been a great way to get back in shape after the baby. As of last week I am officially half a pound less than my pre-pregnancy weight. And between the running and the dairy free diet I feel amazing. I rarely ever need a nap or feel tired. I feel less stressed with the kids, and I feel like I can balance my crazy schedule of housewife, mother, and Realtor a little better.

So here is to my lofty goal of running 26.2 miles. I have no goals of running it fast, or placing or anything like that. I just want to finish it within the 6 hour time limit. Even if I crawl across the finish line...

1 comment:

  1. AHHHhhhh Shelbs!! I just go SUPER DUPER EXCITED FOR YOU!!! You will do amazing!! Running a marathon was one of the best things I did last year. I then followed it with 2 halfs, a Ragnar and a few 5k's. It's addicting. Watch out. But it's so AMAZING!! and it really does balance you out emotionally, physically, and mentally as a working mom and wife. YOU GO GIRL!! if you need anything feel free to ask! Happy to help. Or check out my Journey keeprunningonestepatatime.blogspot.com I'm signed up to run Ogden in May.....but plans have all the sudden changed. :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete