Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tommy is 3 Months Old



Where does the time go!!! I swear I was just pregnant, and now I have this sweet, beautiful baby boy. Tommy is getting bigger with everyday that goes by. He is smiling more and laughing on occasion. He is a very serious kid so catching a smile makes me feel special.

Tommy has had very bad acid reflux. We tried medication, but it just didn't seem to help. So after some research and people suggesting it, I went off of dairy and caffeine to see if it would make a difference. And when I say off dairy, I mean no yogurt, cheese, milk, bread with dairy in it, things with butter on them etc. Talk about limiting my food options. But for better or for worse, it actually worked. Tommy used to fuss and cry during feedings, then for 20-30 minutes after he would moan and groan because his tummy hurt with a lot of spitting up and gas. Now he eats just fine, rarely has gas, and spits up way less than he used to. So I guess I'm off dairy until I quit breast feeding. I'm at 8 weeks and counting. I was able to find some formula that was dairy free in case I needed to supplement, but of course now he won't take a bottle. But nursing has been much easier the second time around so I think I can survive for a few more months at least.

I have wondered a lot lately if cutting these things out of my diet with Eddie would have helped. He had such bad acid reflux and was so colicky, but I didn't know at the time that it could be my diet affecting him.

Tommy sleeps really well most of the time. His normal is waking twice during the night to eat, but on occasion he seems to eat all night long. With only having 2 bedrooms we still have him in with us so he doesn't wake Eddie.

He is such a good, happy baby. He just loves to be held and cuddled. On occasion when I want to nap or really need a good nights sleep I have found that if I hold him he will sleep forever.

With Eddie I was always so excited for the next phase...rolling over, crawling, walking etc. This time around I have mixed feelings. I am excited for him to get bigger so he can play with his big brother, but at the same time I just want him to stay my baby. I'm ok with him staying in one spot, and not having any teeth yet. Hopefully I can enjoy each stage a little more this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment