Thursday, August 18, 2011

10 Weeks Old

My little Eddie Bear is 10 weeks old today. My how time flies when you are having fun! Every week I am amazed at how much he changes. Everyday he is taking in all the new in the world around him. Just within the last week he has started laughing in his sleep. This must mean he is getting close to laughing out loud. I can't wait.
Yesterday I was working with Eddie on holding his rattles. He has started grabbing onto things such as the burp cloth, my necklace, my hair etc, so I thought why not try some toys. If there can be any indication this early as to what hand he will use, I would definitely say left. Or maybe he'll just be weird like his father and do everything right handed except for golf left handed.
He was doing well holding the toy in his left hand so I decided to try the right. The one time he was able to grip it, his arm did a little spasm which happens on occasion when you are learning to use all those body parts, and he whacked himself right in the forehead. Immediately his lip began to pout and he looked at me as if I had been the one to hit him in the head. I couldn't help but laugh, and with my reaction, he decided he was okay too and gave me a huge smile instead of a cry.
I have started reading some books to him once or twice during the day. I am hoping he will have a love for books. I am surprised at how long I can keep his attention with them. The whole time his eyes are just soaking up all the colors and pictures, and I even get smiles on occasion. And call me crazy, but at Costco the other day I picked up "Your Baby Can Read". Only time will tell if I was a sucker, but I figure that even if he doesn't learn to read any earlier than normal, he will at least be developing a good vocabulary to try to make up for the swear words he'll undoubtedly be picking up from his father...and maybe me too.

Meet that mean ol' rattle...




No comments:

Post a Comment