Friday, August 5, 2011

The Longest 2.25 Hours...

I have always heard people talk about how hard it is to leave their child with a babysitter for the first time. I was no exception. Today I had to take some clients through a home. Dan's sister Shelly and her kids volunteered to watch my little Eddie man. I hated the thought of leaving him but knew I was only a block away and he would be in the best of care. However, I had to keep reminding myself that since Eddie takes a bottle there isn't anything somebody else can't do...as much as I like to think I have superpowers, most people are capable of changing a diaper and feeding a bottle.
I could not focus through the showing. All I could do was watch the time and cringe as they asked yet another question. As soon as it ended I ran to my car and sped to the rescue, only to find Eddie fast asleep curled up in my niece's Brynlie's lap. It was the cutest thing ever. She informed me that to her disappointment about all he'd done was sleep. What a relief to my crazed self:)
So I survived leaving my baby boy for the first time, but I have to say I am not looking forward to doing it again anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Girl.....Doesn't get any easier I'm afraid. Especially for us working moms. Sometimes I get all teary eyed as I drive away. Especially because right now I'm missing a lot of his Firsts and transition to the crazy toddler/little boy. There are days it's fine though :) just be glad you don't have to be leaving him every day just yet.
    love you! You are such a cute little mommy! Keep it up! Eddie is Adorable!

    ReplyDelete