Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Momma Got Her Groove On

Last night I was finally able, and ready, to go to a Zumba class. For those of you who aren't familiar with Zumba it is a dance style work out, that involves plenty of booty shaking. So naturally it was my favorite way to work out before I was pregnant.
Stephanie, who was my roommate sophomore year in Pocatello, was responsible for this adventure. We have been trying to go for weeks, but it is hard with us both being moms and having husbands who work nothing short of long hours. But last night it all came together. I got Eddie down for his evening nap just as Dan got home. I was like a kid on Christmas morning as I hurriedly got ready, gave Dan instructions and ran out the door. I was so excited to get away, but I couldn't help but be worried about coming home to a pissed off baby and his disgruntled father.
So I enjoyed my hour of intense booty shaking, of which I am paying for today. And I came home to a baby that had a great nap, was fed, bathed and happy as could be. Way to go Dan. I overheard Dan later in the evening telling Eddie that he should have made sure I came home to a fussy baby so I wouldn't make it a habit of running off all the time. But too late. I think I could get used to a couple hours away once or twice a week. Not to mention he then slept for a straight 8 hours last night which is a new record. Here's to hoping this wasn't a one time perfect occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment