Sunday, March 10, 2013

#2 Life's Lessons Learned While Running

So I am running on the treadmill and the whole time I am thinking, "This sucks. I feel like I'm going to die. I need to go slower. Maybe I'll walk for awhile. I don't have time to walk, I need to pick up the kids. No way I'm going to make it 6 miles..." And then I think "Why am I even running. I don't even like to run. What am I doing to myself!"

And then I remember how good I feel after a run. And how good I feel at times during a run. Those times when my stride evens out, my breathing slows, my mind clears, and life is good. I even catch myself sometimes with a huge grin on my face. It is those moments I love.

Then I thought, how often while on the treadmill of life do we go along thinking similar negative thoughts? We rush about our day with 20 million things to do, places to be and deadlines to meet. Do we ever stop to take a breath and think "Life is good"?

I know that I am so guilty of this. I tell myself that life will be good once the kids are older, or when we buy a house and finally settle down, or when I finish broker school etc. We constantly delay the joy that could be in our life by always waiting for the next great thing.

So I have rededicated myself to finding the joy in my life. To love every run, every moment with my kids, every stage of development, every evening I get to share with my husband. Because that is what life is about, being in the moment and enjoying it! Life IS good!

No comments:

Post a Comment