Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Room Sharing

Eddie and Tommy have now officially shared a room for 2 weeks, and things have gone pretty well. I have held off on moving Tommy out of our room because I didn't want to mess with Eddie's sleep schedule. But I decided if I didn't just do it, it would never happen. For the first week, Eddie would stir when I would go in to feed the baby during the night. But now, he sleeps through feedings and anytime that Tommy cries.

Only on occasion will they keep each other awake. This most often happens when first going to bed. Tommy will cry, then when he finally stops, Eddie will scream to get him going again. This happens a couple of times before they will leave each other alone. But more often than not, I put them each in their cribs, tell them goodnight, and they go to sleep. It is wonderful!

Tommy still naps 3 times a day, so I schedule it so that his middle nap is at the same time as Eddie's one nap. This leaves me with usually 1.5-2 hours of "Get Stuff Done That I Can't Do With The Kids Around" time.  

And now I have my room back in case I want a nap, or need to do laundry, clean, shower etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment