Sunday, March 3, 2013

Running Update

Well my goal of running a marathon is still on track. I am up to doing long runs of 12 miles and average 23 miles a week running 3-4 days. Since I started running I have run 109 miles. How crazy is that! I now feel that a half marathon is well within my reach, but I still struggle with the idea of a full marathon. At the end of running 12 miles yesterday I was not feeling so hot. I have a hard time imagining how I could run another 14.2 miles on top of it. But I keep reminding myself that when I started running in November, I couldn't even run for a full 20 minutes. And now, I can run for close to 2 hours. I figure if I keep training hard, I will get there.

Nothing about running has been easy, but I enjoy the alone time so much. I read somewhere that running a marathon isn't about actually running a marathon, it's about the miles you do in preparation. And I totally agree. I look forward to the next 10 weeks of training as I will hopefully reach my goal of running a marathon at the end of it!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! I will be cheering you on. a Marathon is all Mental. And I think you are right on with looking back and seeing that going from not being able to run for 20 minutes to already being at your 12 mile mark!! Way to go!! I just sold my Marathon Entry Finally (Since I'll be almost 8 months pregnant by race day so couldn't train) and I'm super jealous that you will be able to finish and meet your Goal.....I know having a kid is way more fun.....but there is always just something about that marathon finish line. Those hard training miles and long runs....and just doing it for YOU!! I can't wait to hit the road again this summer and start my journey for next years marathon goals. Keep it up my friend. you ROCK!! you will do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete