Friday, March 22, 2013

#6 Life's Lesson's Learned While Running

When I began training for this marathon I thought a lot about the Word of Wisdom and the promises held in it. 

D&C 89: 3 Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints. 20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.

I do believe that the Lord will bless the weakest of us if we obey his commandments. With that being said, I made a deal of sorts with the Lord. I promised that I would train as hard as I could in hopes of completing this marathon, and that He in return would bless me with the rest of what I will need to actually finish it.

I have always loved the promise he gives that we "shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint". But I have also realized that this promise is not just given to us. We have to do our part to be healthy and fit.

Often times when I think of the pioneers I know that many of them were recipients of this promise from the Lord. I have hoped that if my family were ever put in a similar situation that would be living a lifestyle healthy enough that I could "walk and not faint". That I would be a help to my family instead of a hindrance. 

And with these hopes, I am trying to rededicate myself to living the word of wisdom by what I put in my body and by staying physically active. We'll see how my coke and McDonald's addiction weighs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment